Social prescribing in Bildeston
What is social prescribing?
Social prescribing is a way for local agencies to refer people, or for people to self-refer to a Community Connector.
Community Connectors give people time, focusing on ‘what matters to me’ and taking a holistic approach to
people’s health and wellbeing. Through shared decision making or personalised care and support planning,
Community Connectors connect people to community groups and agencies for practical and emotional support.
What is Connect for Health?
We know that taking care of your health involves more than just medicine. With Connect for Health you can get
specialist support for more than medical issues. The service is free and available to anyone over the age of 18.
Your local Community Connector will arrange an appointment to spend time with you exploring what activities
and/or local support could improve your health and wellbeing.
Your Community Connector will then assist and support you to plan your next steps.
The Community Connector can help you with a range of issues, including:
- Welfare benefits and financial support
- Emotional wellbeing
- Healthy lifestyle choices
- Arts, culture and creative activities
- Life changing events such as birth, retirement, bereavement
- Long term health conditions
- Loss of confidence/purpose
- Poor health linked to housing or housing conditions
- Accessing work, training, education and volunteering
A Community Connector is someone who is:
- Available to talk to you confidentially
- Able to give practical, helpful, non-judgemental advice
- Able to help you decide what you would like to do to improve your health and wellbeing.
- Able to refer you to appropriate services and activities.
How do I access the service?
It’s simple, you can talk to your GP, social care and healthcare professional or surgery staff to refer you or you can
self-refer by calling 01473 835477.
For more information, please visit:
https://suffolkfamilycarers.org/connectforhealth/ or you can search for us on twitter by searching @SocPrescribeSFC