To celebrate the return of BNatural Music Festival, here is a quiz.
20 questions all about music through the ‘noughties”. Answers in next month’s Bugle.
1. We Sing. We Dance. We Steal Things. was which artist’s highest selling album because of the 2008 song ‘I’m Yours’?
2. ‘Man Eater’ and ‘Promiscuous’ were 2006 hits for which artist?
3. After a decade of writing Spanish songs, which artist reached international fame from 2001 onwards with English ones?
4. Which artist released 3 prison-themed albums called Trouble, Konvicted and Freedom throughout the 2000s?
5. In what year did Fergie, of Black Eyed Peas fame, make her first solo album The Dutchess?
6. Eminem released his eponymous album (named after himself) in 2000, what was it called?
7. Paramount Pictures bought the rights to which 2003 Avril Lavigne song in order to make a movie, one which never materialised?
8. James Blunt owns the best-selling album of the 2000s. What is it called?
9. 3 of the top 15 best-selling albums of the 2000s belong to which 4-piece band?
10. Which artist won The X Factor in 2006 and remains the best-selling act from the show?
11. Which band refused a 2001 Mercury Prize nomination, saying the award is “like carrying a dead albatross around your neck for eternity”?
12. After being named Puffy, Puff Daddy, P Diddy, Diddy and P Diddy (again), the artist who cannot be named settled on which name in 2008?
13. Maroon 5 released their solo album in 2002 titled Songs About…who?
14. British garage legends So Solid Crew had how many members when they released their first album in 2001?
15. Who released their first debut album Love. Angel. Music. Baby in 2004?
16. Florian Cloud de Bounevialle O’Malley Armstrong is the real name of which 00s icon?
17. Which album from Snow Patrol won an Ivor Novello award in 2007?
18. Which duo released the 2003 album Speakerboxxxx/The Love Below?
19. Vanessa Carlton became a one-hit wonder for which 2001 song?
20. Katy Perry’s first big hit ‘I Kissed a Girl’ came out in what year?