There’s plenty for you to get involved with — your village groups and societies welcome new members or volunteers.
Bildeston has a wide range of groups and societies, enabling people to keep fit and get involved in community groups and initiatives. Below is a list of all the groups and societies in Bildeston. If you are part of a group that is not listed here, please contact to get your group added.
The village event calendar displays the days and times that these groups are running and also contact details for the group organiser.
If you have an hour or two to spare, why not get involved to help run some of these groups or even help your community by joining the Parish Council? To find out more, please see the volunteering section below.
There are many opportunities for you to lend support to one of the many groups and societies that operate in Bildeston.
You may wish to join the Parish Council, or become a trustee or committee member for the Sports Pavilion, King’s Pightle Nature Reserve or Chamberlin Hall, or you may want to become a volunteer helping support the churches. Whichever take your interest, you can find out more by contacting:
Bildeston Coronavirus Support Group:
Bildeston Parish Council:
Bildeston Sports Pavilion:
BNatural music festival:
Parochial Church Council:
King’s Pightle Nature Reserve:
If you want to discuss volunteering in general, or find out about how you can get involved in other aspects of community life, such as getting involved in helping out with running the village allotments or arranging litter picks etc., please email and the Community Development Worker will be able to discuss your ideas.
Bildeston’s Groups and Societies are listed below. Click on the link to view the individual event listing:
- Adult Dance, Keep-fit: Mondays 20:00
- Bildeston Allotments
- Bildeston Coronavirus Support Group
- Baby & Toddler Group (term-time only): Tuesdays 9.30-11:00
- Badminton, Table-tennis: Thursdays 7.30
- Baptist Church
- Bildeston Rangers Football Club: Saturdays
- Bingo! Last Friday of the month: 7.30-10.30
- BNatural Music Festival
- Carpet Bowls (Indoor): Tuesdays 7.15pm
- Club night: short mat bowls/table tennis/darts: Fridays 7pm
- Community Cafe: Fridays 9:30
- Community Cycling
- Drama Group: Wednesdays 18:00
E, F, G, H, I
- Indoor Market (Monthly, 2nd Saturday of the month): 10:00
J, K, L
- Ladies club: 1st Thursday of each month (7.30 for 8pm)
- Lunch club: Fridays (monthly) 12:30
- MLSPA School of Performing Arts: Mondays, Tuesdays from 3.45pm
N, O, P
- Pilates: Fridays 11:00-13:00
Q, R, S
T, U, V, W,X,Y,Z
- Yoga: Thursdays 18:00
- Zumba Gold! Thursdays: 10:30